On the twentieth day of advent my kiddiewinks brought to me…
20 signs Christmas is coming
19 people to buy for
Temperature and Tonsilitis
- nativity cribs- I love cribs, yet annoyingly we still don’t have one. There are so many different ones, a lot of places we have been have material or wool ones. The church, in the village where we recently moved, has a travelling crib and we were lucky enough to get it for a few nights before it traveled to the next family.
- school nativities- these mere mentioned previously, but they definitely are the start of Christmas for some people
- Panics over christmas cards-I always plan to be organised but it never happens! I buy them early, I sometimes write them early, but I never post the, early, resulting in paying 1st class, not sending or dropping off on Christmas morning. Every year, I find a few cards from previous years, that I never posted, we can tell by the number of kiddiewinks which are included.
- Christmas trees twinkling
- holly berries
- robins in the garden- we have lots of bird feeders in the a garden and have seen lots of birds in the last few weeks, including robins.
- houses a glow- some amazing lights on houses these days. A house near us decorates theirs for charity- it is awesome!
- food, food and more food.
- drinks- surprisingly our local Aldi hasn’t run out of prosecco yet, apparently they were sent a monster Christmas delivery to cope with our town’s consumption
- friends and family- chance to hopefully get some time of work together; to socialise or chill.
- presents- this goes without saying,
- Christmas parties and get together (usually for the kiddiewinks, not us)
- It is acceptable to snuggle on the sofa, watching films, in the afternoon
- Bank account is dwindling ( or well and truly empty)
- Colds and coughs are everywhere
- newspapers, websites, facebook all speculate about a white Christmas.
- glitter, glitter everywhere, it is bloody everywhere! From Christmas cards, to crafts, to baubles, to glittery tinsel. The carpets and floors always look sparkly and messy!
- christingle services- these are lovely and the song ‘Sing Christingle’ is always stuck in my head long after the event
- christmas songs are everywhere- namely the radio and my son, who cannot stop singing them. He loves them all.